Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Movin' and groovin'

So we're leaving our much beloved cul de sac this month and moving to our new house. Its bittersweet because we love our current home, but really wanted to be closer to the new school where the kids can walk and will be near school friends. Currently they take the bus and this spreads out where their friends are located. The new house is right on a park area and a block from a great playground. Plus we're only a 10-15 minute walk to our current house and friends. The kids were outside playing with 4 or 5 new kids within minutes of us stopping by to take posession. I think we're going to love it very much.

We just got our butterfly raising kit in. Had I realized the kit came with larva instead of neat and tiny chrysalis/cacoons I'm not sure I would have ordered them!! But they will be a great learning experience for our science course so its worth it. Although my oldest has a nack for pointing them out to me during meal times. She has a direct view to them and loves to exclaim "look they're crawling around!!" UGH. Within a week they should crawl to the top of the container and begin their transformation. The kids are so excited that I am willing to overcome my fear of all things crawly in order to give them this experience.

Josh has started eating food a lot better lately!! I mean real food. Not just yogurt, crackers, bread, and applesauce(which he's always eaten well), which is making meals take much longer since we have to bribe him and dig into our patience reserves because its still not something he wants to do. But bribary is our friend and its getting much easier to talk him into eating with less of a battle of wills. And the idea of him eating "normal" food makes it worth the battle of wills and bribary. We WILL prevail. Right?


Kallie made an art project on her computer in the paint program. She zoomed in and made tiny invidual drawings side by side and up and down and made herself a quilt picture. She then asked if we could have it made into a real blanket for her. After all that hard work you bet we could!! So we ordered it and its finally in so we will pick it up ASAP...I can't wait to see it. We took the paint file and turned it into a bmp or jpg and uploaded it to the site that we could get the blanket from. I love the picture but most of all I love the pride in her eyes and her dedication to getting it done. Knowing her I am not surprised though!!


Mackenzie is doing so well as usual. She is a love bug and at our recent garage sale they had a lemonade stand and they were completely adorable(all the kids and the neighbours helped). But shortly after the rest of the kids got tired and hot and wandered around to play and check back occasionally. But Kenzie stayed the whole time. It was so funny. She was charming and so polite and people were lining up and paying crazy amounts for the lemonade and just giving money to her for the fun of it. She was so gracious. It was quite the sight. They are still deciding what to do with the money. They might keep some of it(they're kids so its tempting for them!!) but right now they are leaning towards donating it to our friends Walk for Juvenile Diabetes. It makes me proud that they'd even consider donating it and ages 6(almost) and 8. I think if they do donate it I will make sure to replace it and let them know they made a great choice and reward them for it.



Off to get packing!! The sooner we get packed the sooner we can start staying over at the new house. I hope to be settled there by the end of the weekend.

2 comments:

RunwithSticks said...

Just wanted to send you a thanks for your comment on Mrs. Spits post today - I have never been able to fully explain my kind of 'tired' after a full day with the kids. Your post on Mrs Spits blog left me nodding in agreement to everything that you said.

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

They are so cute, and how sweet about donating the $$! Good luck with the moving. :)